10 indulging high-calorie low-carb food products
Are you struggling with shedding a few pounds?
Do you always stay hungry?
Do you find it hard to put off those dominating undesirable hunger pangs?
If this is all that freaks you out every single day, do not worry anymore. If you are eager to cut those flaps to look fab, then a diet plan with high-calories and low-carb food items is a free right solution for you.
Why high calories low-carbs food items?
Diet plans that are formulated with high calories and low-carb food items constitute impressive health benefits. Such diets are also known as ketogenic diets. As per scientific research, high-calorie low–carb foods help in stimulating the process of weight loss three times more as compared to the low-fat diet plans. High-calories keep the energy levels high and help in getting through the day. On the other hand, cutting on carbs tends to;
- Reduce the levels of hunger pangs.
- Control the blood sugar levels.
- Regulate blood pressure levels.
- Level up the HDL, that is good cholesterol.
- Cut down the triglycerides.
Best high-calories and low-carb food items:
In the section of this article, we are going to pen down ten high calories and low-carb food items that are not only nutritious and healthy but exceptionally delicious as well. Base your meals around these items to get back to shape in no time.
- Eggs: Eggs are an ultimate low-carbs option. Rich in protein and nutrients, eggs improve eye and brain health. There are almost zero carbs in eggs.
- Chicken, beef, and lamb: All poultry and meat items are zero-carbs items. Beef and lamb are a rich source of vitamin B12, iron, and conjugated linoleic acid. Poultry contains higher portions of proteins and nutrients. To follow a high-calories low-carb food routine, you can cook either wings or thighs or ground beef or ribeye steak.
- Seafood: Seafood is another zero-carb item. Salmon, Sardines, and White Fish are the delicious and healthiest choices that contain Omega-3 fats. Seafood is crucial for boosting brain, heart, and joints functioning. However, you must avoid taking Shell Fish as it may contain a little portion of carbs.
- Oil: Oil is another important component of cooking meals. Almost all oils that are available are carbs-free. However, you cannot use just any oil because some of the oils are heavily processed and are hard to digest. Vegetable oil, Palm oil, and Canola oil are some of those oils. To be on the safe side, you can use Avocado oil, Olive oil, Peanut oil, or Coconut oil. These oils speed up the fat burning process and reduce appetite.
- Chocolate: Chocolate lovers, it’s time for you to rejoice. No matter you are on a high calorie and low-carb food diet, you can take dark chocolate to treat your sweet tooth. Most dark chocolates are made with 90% of cocoa and very little or no sugar. Dark chocolate consists of around 25% of fiber. Recent studies have proved that dark chocolate lowers blood pressure and prevents heart attacks.10 g of dark chocolate is the right portion size for everyday consumption.
- Vegetables: Cruciferous and leafy green vegetables are the best to consume while on high calories and low-carb food diet. These vegetables contain higher portions of fiber, proteins, and vitamins. You can take;
- Swiss Chard
- Green Beans
- Bell pepper
- Egg Plant
- Brussels sprouts
Avoid taking starchy root vegetables such as turnips, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes or you will surpass your carb limits.
- Fruits: As compared to vegetables, most of the fruits are high in carbs and not suitable to be taken during low-carb diets. Try to limit the fruit intake to one or two slices each day. However, there are some fruits that are low in carbs and contain a decent amount of fiber, vitamins, and potassium. Those are;
- Yogurt: Yogurt is another delicious breakfast option that is packed with a number of benefits. Greek yogurt is the best to choose during the diet days as it contains vitamins, proteins, and probiotics. Avoid taking fruit-flavored yogurts as they contain a higher portion of sugar.
- Cheese: Good news for all cheese lovers. Yes, you can add cottage cheese, feet, and halloumi in your high-calories and low carb food diet plan. Never pick plastic cheese from your grocery stores as they are made up of chemicals and preservatives only.
- Nuts: Whether you are looking for healthy munchies or want to add flavorful crunch in your salads, nuts are the right option for you. Fortunately nuts higher portions of proteins, fiber, and fat, and lower carbs. Here is the list of nuts that are most appropriate to eat during a low-carb diet.
Tips for a successful low-carb diet:
Some people may find it challenging to stick to high–calories and low carb food diets. The following are a few helpful tips that might help people in getting through the dieting phase and losing weight successfully.
- Learn about the food items that you can take during your diet days.
- Know about the carb counts and what portion size of food you may during a day.
- Plan your meals ahead and shop your ingredients accordingly.
- Prepare and freeze your low-carb meals in advance if you are a busy person and cannot take time out to prepare fresh meals daily.
- Prefer low-carb snacks over junk food for healthy snacking. You can opt for cheese, nuts, hard-boiled eggs, and yogurt.
- Do exercise regularly. Refrain from over-exercising or intense activity. Brisk walking, weight lifting, and strength-building exercises will do enough to improve the health and burn the unwanted fat.
- Always consult a doctor before starting any diet plan. A low-carb diet might not suit teenagers or the hose who suffer from kidney diseases.
Risks associated with low-carb calorie and low-carb food diet:
No matter hundreds of people have benefited from a low-carb diet and it is trending these days. There are some risks associated with such plans that must not be ignored. One might face short-term health issues like;
- Energy drainage
- Bad breath
- High cholesterol
Some long-term constraints that a low-carb diet might impose are;
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Nutritional weaknesses
Common FAQs related to high calories and low-carb foods:
- Can we survive without carbs?
Yes, you can. In the absence of carbs, the combinations of proteins and fats as sources to gain energy.
- Do you stay hungry after having a low-carb diet?
Yes, if you follow a low-calorie and low-carbs combination, you will stay hungry most of the time. For that reason, high calories are preferred with low carbs so that you not feel full, but the body retains its energy as well.
- How many calories you must retain every day for a healthy body?
Most of the nutritionists are of the view that it is essential to take around 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day. It will help you in losing around 5 pounds a month.
- How much weight can I lose in a week by cutting carbs from my diet?
When you take high calories and low carbs, the insulin level of the body goes down and the body starts shedding the water fat. Initially, you will cut 5 to 10 pounds within a week when you will get on a low-carb diet.
- Can I have a cheat meal while following a low-carb diet?
No, you cannot skip your Keto meals. Cheat meals might make you sick.
- How long should you continue being on a low-carb diet?
The subject of a low carb diet is still under study and there is no specific time limit till a person can continue to diet. However, nutritionists recommend following a low-carb diet plan for a maximum of twelve months.
- Can I do a low-carb diet for a longer period?
It might not be appropriate for you to prolong your low-carb diet as it might be injurious towards your health. A low-carb diet might hinder your cardiovascular functioning.
Final thoughts: The combination of high calories and low carb food items has been a win-win combination for many people who were struggling with weight loss. With the proper information, planning, and appropriate substitution of the items, one can successfully shed some pounds by cutting on carbs. Eating restorative items in measured portions is the key to success in ketogenic diets. The best thing about the low-carb diet is that it is not complicated and constitute diverse and major food categories such as poultry, beef, lamb, seafood, dairy, nuts, and many fruits and vegetables. What is better than losing weight with all healthy, nutritious, real, and flavorful items? However, before starting any diet plan or making significant changes in dietary routine, one should speak to his doctor or nutritionist to design an appropriate diet plan.